Have You Been There?
You’re at your desk, head pounding, anxiety gnawing deep in your gut.
The email you just received stares back at you from the screen and you:
- Worry that the problem in front of you is too big.
- Are fearful that you’ve screwed up and there’s no saving it.
- Are anxious that you’re not up to the challenge.
- Wonder if you’ll never get the sales, revenue, or results you need.
- Think that this time, “they” will finally realize you’re a fraud.
In short, you’re scared.
We may use a bunch of other words to describe it, but our body knows these emotions as fear.
Every leader that’s ever lived is familiar with these fears.
The leaders who succeed (and especially those who are part of a character-based leadership revolution) have found a way to take charge of these fears.
And you can too.
You Say You Want a Revolution?
I’ve often wondered why we continue to need a leadership revolution.
I mean, seriously…for many years now, study after study have given us the same feedback about what teams need from their leaders and what makes a leader effective.
And yet…employee disengagement continues to hover at 60-70%, we regularly experience poor leadership, and can all cite friends with horror stories…
[Read More of this guest post at the Lead Change Group]
And for all my readers in the United States – Happy Thanksgiving! I hope today you are able to enjoy time with family, friends, and remember the things that matter most.